Saturday, June 27, 2015

Impressions :)

I still had hope…though it was diminishing.  I just wanted some good news.  I wanted my surgeon to tell me something good.

I went to him with the information from the orthodontist.  I explained that even though I understood that the Orgonathic surgery is small and relatively easy, it sounded horrendous.  He put my mind at ease by explaining that he can do the Orgonathic surgery without additional pins and/plates being put in my jaw.  This made me ecstatic. 

He then gave me even better news: since I wear my retainers religiously, I might not need braces.  I needed to have bite impressions made to see exactly what needed to be done.



The bite impression cost approximately $160.  Once made they are sent away and models of my teeth are made and sent back to the office.

Neither medical nor dental insurance covered the cost of the impressions, but I was willing to spend the money to find out if I would need braces for a third time in my life.  I was definitely optimistic and praying for some good news. 
              The office took two sets of impressions, but I'm not sure what the 2nd set looked like.

Meanwhile, I was still struggling with whether or not I wanted Total Joint Replacement and Orgonathic surgery, or if I just wanted to wait.  The surgery is huge and frightening, and though I am normally quite decisive I couldn’t decide.  Not only that, but normally I trust my gut instinct, yet it almost felt as if all my instincts were gone. 


I discussed my options with my friends and family, yet knew that ultimately the decision was mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TMD and The Workplace (Surgery, time off, Covid-19)

 TMD and the workplace   Many people ask how TMD affects people at work, especially post operation.  The truth is it really depends on the...